Dear Love bugs,
Today I want to talk all about Backyard fun for toddlers. Since we are all going to be spending our days at home for a little bit longer I figured this was the perfect start to my Friday faves. I picked my top five favorite things- best part is they are all under $50.
In my many years of parenting expertise aka 2 just 2 – I have quickly come to the conclusion that every kid loves to be outside. If it was up to Ollie we would never come inside as my neighbors can attest. She screams bloody murder when it is time to come in. However in Michigan it just now starting to get better and I am so happy. Mother Nature finally decided to let us enjoy something out of life haha. We are already stuck in hell from Covid and the fact that the weather took extra long to be normal was really weighing on my sanity. Any who Let us talk about fun things! Here are my TOP 5 UNDER $50: (it’s actually more than 5)
- Be Good Company Sandbox: Bring the beach to your backyard with this sandbox not only looks fun but its super affordable and comes in a few days with prime. Unfortunately I do not have a picture of Ollie playing in hers.
- Crayola Washable Sidewalk Chalk: I don’t know if your kid is like mine but Olive just loves chalk. At home we even made a cabinet into a chalk board for her. So when I showed her we could write on our driveway SHE WAS IN HEAVEN!
There is just something with kids and water! The next three items will all use water for fun!
- Step 2 Springtime Splash Water Table: This will for sure keep your little one entertained for a long long time and you can enjoy a cup of coffee. Here is a picture of Ollie Playing with her version last year. I didn’t link that one because it is not under $50.
- Bubble Anything: Play Day Bubble Mower & Light Up Bubble Machine It’s bubbles – who doesn’t love bubbles. However with these two toys and toys similar your toddler wont spill the bottle in 2 seconds and then cry. Also bottles of bubbles come so cheap I have seen them at the dollar tree or target for a buck so you can keep filling the machine over and over again. Olive loves pushing the mower and she loves go nuts trying to pop the bubbles from the machine.
- Inflatable Pool from Intext: They have so many different ones and most of them are all under $40. I got two last year for Olive and she couldn’t even walk yet but enjoyed it so much. You could also get a kiddie pool I obviously couldn’t take a picture of her in it this year because it has yet to be pool weather – hopefully this week but Michigan is very touchy. haha You can tell her excitement in this picture.
I would also like to add an honorable mention:A kiddie pool. They are so cheap I found two different ones here and here. hope this helps you guys make staying at home a little better. If you do not have a backyard I do recommend a water table and bubbles. You can use the water table for all sorts of sensory activities if you look it up on Pinterest.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links.